The Sunshine blogger Award is given to bloggers that bring inspiration and positivity to their readers and followers.
Huge thanks to Bex for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! But for such an introvert it came dangerously close to social interaction and I nearly had a ‘moment’ 😉 so, here goes:
- Thank the person that nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominator.
- Nominate fellow bloggers you follow.
- Give them 10 questions to answer.
- What is your favorite song? If you don’t have just one, then what’s your favorite band/singer? My favorite band is and always will be Pink Floyd, and listening to their music on vinyl at the end of a crappy day is pretty much guaranteed to relax me.
- Do you have a hidden talent? I fix things, like anything that breaks be it a washing machine or the car, sometimes I google an idiots guide but I nearly always manage to fix it myself one way or another.
- Do you have any pets? If so, type/breed/name. If not, if you could have anything in the world (alive or otherwise) as a pet, what would it be and why? Hubby has a Pug/Norfolk Terrier called Ozzy, and I say Hubby has a dog as I’m really not a pet person and I bought the puppy for him as a gift when we were dating, not thinking for a minute that we would end up married and I’d be sharing the house with said dog lol he’s kind of cute and weird though so not a bad choice for a pet.
- Share an inspirational mantra or quote that keeps you sane. “When I give up what I am, I become what I might be”
- Do you have any Tattoos? Piercings? If so, what/where, and does it have special meaning to you? I don’t have any piercings left anymore except my ears, I do have several holes in my face and body from earlier piercings though but nothing too noticeable. Tattoos?? It’s easier to say that I have half an arm, my shins and my ribs left un-tattooed, the arm because I’m broke and the ribs/shins because I’m skinny and a chicken 😉 The most meaningful tattoo is my ‘memory sleeve’ which contains pictures of things that I associate with family members such as books, a tequila worm, a power puff girl, Battenberg cake etc., its bright and colorful and makes me happy.
- What is your favorite dessert? Crème Brule, but only if It’s made properly
- Tell us one thing you love about yourself. My sarcastic / caustic sense of humor
- What is your favorite memory from childhood? Going to watch my Grand Parents perform on stage in the musical Carousel and getting to go backstage and meet the cast
- Where is your happy place (physical location, not just in your head… or elsewhere ya perv)? My bed, with a book.
- Share an embarrassing story about yourself. This is more about my daughter embarrassing me but when she was 5 or 6 yrs old, she threw a tantrum in the store when I was grocery shopping, one that was so bad I left my basket, grabbed her hand and stormed out of the store dragging her behind me, all the while she screamed “Help me, this isn’t my mum!” I was so embarrassed I couldn’t make eye contact with anyone which probably made me look even more like a child snatcher, thankfully (or worryingly) no one commented or acted on what she was yelling.
Questions for Nominees:
- Name one book that you loved and couldn’t put down.
- Where is your favorite place to travel?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done?
- Do you have a nick-name and if so, what is it and how did you get it?
- What’s your most embarrassing moment?
- Name one character trait that you dislike about yourself.
- Can you cook? And do you enjoy it?
- Did you enjoy school and why/why not?
- Coffee or Tea??
- What would be your dream job if salary wasn’t a factor?
Thanks again to Bex for the nomination. I had fun with this post and look forward to reading what my nominees have to say.