So cool! I’ve been nominated for another Blogger Award 🙂 Thank you to https://oldhouseintheshires.com/ for the nomination, you guys should check out her page, she keeps me entertained and makes me miss home 😉
Since I’ve been nominated, here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award.
- Comment on each of their blogs, letting them know they’re nominated and linking back to this post.
How My Blog Started: Before I started my blog, I started painting furniture, and found that I LOVED it! When I started selling the furniture pieces that had been given a makeover I had more and more people either ask me to paint their stuff or asking for advice on how to do it themselves. The blog started up from that as a way to try to inspire others to take up a paintbrush or even power tools and have a go, it really is easier than it looks people! 😉 Being an introvert, it also gave me a platform to give advice and interact with people who liked my work without actually having to talk to anyone face to face lol that, along with my love of writing, was a kind of win-win for me.
#1 Piece of Advice to New Bloggers: Keep it real 🙂 Write about things that you’re passionate about and don’t change who you are, people will either like you or not just like real life so there’s no point in trying to change who you are (or appear to be) to suit others.
#2 Piece of Advice to New Bloggers: Have fun! Really, blogging is fun. Its given me a platform to talk to others with the same interests who I would never have encountered in real life, relax and enjoy it.
The 15 Bloggers I Have Nominated:
I don’t have 15 blogs that I follow yet but I would like to nominate those who inspire me. You should check out these amazing blogs!
- https://betweenenglandandiowa.com/ For her great travel posts and the ‘Brit’ things that make me smile.
- https://biaatlas.wordpress.com/ For her love of writing, and making me think twice about what the author intended when I’m reading a book 🙂
- https://hometorestore.wordpress.com/For sharing her house renovation and all of her upcyled furniture.
- https://kelleysdiy.com/ This lovely lady shares a whole host of different craft/diy/cleaning tips, a fun read with some great ideas!
- https://3sistersabroad.wordpress.com/ These three ladies and their travel stories have been a great source of entertainment and amusement, a good dose of fun to sit and read with a cup of tea 🙂
So, here we have it! Maybe in the future I will be able to share 15 blogs 😉 but in the meantime check these blogs out and thank you again to https://oldhouseintheshires.com/ and happy reading!