This week I’ve been focused on dining tables, I’m mid way through a farmhouse style makeover of a dining set for my Daughter and all set to collect a customers table and chairs ready for a stain makeover this next week, it seems like there are tables everywhere, to the point that the garage is packed and hubby’s having trouble getting even his motorcycle in there, oops!
With this in mind I decided to share with you a run down of some of my favorite dining table re-do’s, this list includes some of my inspiration pieces alongside a couple of tables that I’ve made over myself in the last couple of years, where possible I’ve included a link to the original article.
These are in no particular order, just a collection of my personal faves 🙂
- This Farmhouse Style Makeover is one of my inspirations found on Pinterest, I’m a huge fan of the white paint and dark stain combo and this set works great with the chippy paint look too! You can read the article here.
2. Next on my list is this mismatched table and chairs, I love the mixed pastel colors and really, really wish that I could do something like this in my dining room, however my OCD would be on overdrive if I even tried so I will have to content myself with what I have. On a side note, both of the light fittings in this picture are super cute too :). Pop over and have a look at the write up for this here, its not only a painted table and chairs but a complete tutorial for a hand-built table, she’s pretty awesome!
3. Number three on this list is this Roadside Rescue Table, I was instantly drawn to both the gorgeous chair color in this set and the almost slate like finish on the table top meaning I instantly pinned it to keep for inspiration 🙂
4. Next is one of my own dining table makeovers, I love how this looked when both the table and chairs were finished, and the deep, deep shine of the Helm Spar varnish is still one of my favorite finishes ever!
5. Returning to the mint theme, this following set I found on Pinterest and unfortunately the article linked to it is no longer valid. I seriously aim to recreate this look one day, I just need to find a customer to appreciate it, and who has a dining room full of natural light and a gorgeous light fitting! 😉
6. This dining room set in grey is also one that I refinished, keep checking back for the write-up on this, it also came with a matching china cabinet and despite being ridiculous amounts of work to refinish still ended up as one of my favorites.
7. I’m starting to notice a common trend with the blues and mint greens in my faves on this list, I can’t help it I just adore dining sets with pastel colors and an old cottagey kind of feel and this next example is perfect. Again, this came from Pinterest but with a link that wasn’t valid, but you get the jist of the look and again with the awesome light fitting.
8. In a break from the blue tones this next post showcases an amazing bold red table with white chairs, I love the contrast with this set and the tie in with the red EAT sign in the background, I’m definitely thinking I need a nicer space for my dining room……with maybe the option of changing the light fitting 😉
9. This little gem I found on Etsy, unfortunately it had already sold but I love the mix of the black background with the bright colors, and you should all by now know of my love for anything skulls or sugar skulls, this would look amazing in my house.
10. And finally, we finish this faves list with another of my table and chair makeovers, the blog post for this one is here and as you can probably guess from the bright color of the table I had great fun painting this and fell in love with not only the table color but also the fabric that I found for the chairs and bench too. I could just about deal with the slightly mismatched look of this set with the differing table and chair styles and loved the cheerful feeling this set gives :).
So, that concludes the roundup of my (current) list of favorite dining table makeovers, use the comment box below to let me know what you think.